WSA’s Annual Conference: Spring into Action
Saturday, February 24th, 2018
8:00 am Annual Steward Action Summit and Breakfast
9:15 am - 4:30 pm Spring into Action!
Northeast High School
1121 Duvall Hwy, Pasadena, MD 21122
Registration for WSA's Seventh Annual "Spring into Action!" Conference has closed.
If you are interested in attending this year's conference, please contact the
WSA Office 410-222-3831
Our community has grown once again, so this year’s conference will be held in a new venue! With space for everyone, we hope you will join us to learn, network and become inspired to restore our waterways. Whether you are a seasoned Steward, a stormwater professional or just getting started in the wide world of watershed restoration, this year’s conference has something for everyone.
This year we’ll start the day with the Annual Steward Action Summit and Breakfast. Aside from a delicious way to start a Saturday, this session is exclusively for Certified Master Watershed Stewards and Steward Candidates and will focus on tools and updates created just for Stewards.
New this year is an expanded Gallery and Exhibit Walk, which includes vendors, Funder Office Hours, Ask an Expert, an update on the GIS mapping application, interactive engagement activities and more!
Our conference will open with a keynote address from OpinionWorks’ Steve Raabe detailing the results of a recent Bay-wide survey of citizen stewardship behaviors. Steve will unpack trends across the watershed and give a glimpse of how citizens in Anne Arundel County compare.
CEUs are available from the following organizations:
- Maryland Nursery, Landscape & Greenhouse Assoc. (MNLGA)
- Virginia Nursery and Landscape Association CPH (VNLA)
- Pennsylvania Nursery and Landscape Assn. PCH (PLNA)
- Delaware Nursery and Landscape Association CNP (DNLA)
- Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA)
- International Society of Arboriculture, Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC-ISA)
- Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professionals (CBLP)
- Master Gardeners (MG)
- Maryland Master Naturalists
- Society of American Foresters (SAF)
For more information about CEUs, please contact WSA Outreach Coordinator Tara Mairs